Fully eradicate the QuickBooks Error Code C=1304 from your PC
Without a question, QuickBooks is a powerful accounting programme that is offered in both offline and online editions. The standard version to be installed on the machine is QuickBooks Desktop. Users may occasionally see the QuickBooks Error number C=1304 when attempting to install QuickBooks using the installation CD. Follow the instructions in this post if you were a victim of the error.
Details about QuickBooks Error C 1304
The QuickBooks Error C=1304 affects a number of other apps that are installed on the system in addition to QuickBooks. The problem frequently happens when installing QuickBooks Desktop on a computer.
The error and the following error message are displayed:
THBImg45.dll file writing error. Make sure you can access that directory.
Depending on the file that caused the issue, the file name indicated in the error changes.
Why does QuickBooks Error 1304 Occur?
QuickBooks Error 1304 is brought on by issues with the installation CD. Since the QuickBooks setup file is on the CD, a CD-related problem prevents QuickBooks from being installed.
The following list includes some additional causes for the QuickBooks Error number C=1304.
1. The QuickBooks installer must read the installation files contained on the CD in order for QuickBooks to be installed successfully. Error 1304 in QuickBooks might happen if the reading process is compromised.
2. The disc needed to install QuickBooks is broken.
3. Another explanation for QuickBooks Error code C=1304 is a damaged or out-of-date Microsoft.NET Framework.
You may also get our QuickBooks Data Service
How to install QuickBooks properly without encountering Error C=1304
Here are the manual fixes for Error C=1304 after examining its specifics.
Step 1: Install QuickBooks Desktop using your computer's local storage.
You must attempt to install the QuickBooks application from the PC's local storage when the QuickBooks Error code C=1304 results from a problem with the installation CD. Here are the procedures to do so.
1. First, put the QuickBooks installation CD into the system's CD ROM.
2. The installation could begin automatically by the system, in which case you would need to select the Quit option.
3. Next, make your go to your desktop and right-click.
4. Select Folder after choosing the New section.
5. Put QuickBooks in the new folder's name.
6. Before double-clicking on the CD drive choice, you must open Windows File Explorer.
7. Select all of the files in front of you using the Ctrl + A keyboard shortcut, then copy them using Ctrl + C.
8. You must use the Ctrl + V keyboard shortcut to paste the aforementioned files into the folder you just made with the QuickBooks name.
9. The setup.exe file located in the QuickBooks Folder must now be double-clicked to begin the installation of QuickBooks. You are fixing any installation errors the CD may have caused with this step.
Continue to the following step if the installation is still having trouble.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks using a CD-ROM from a different computer.
You must utilise the CD-ROM from a different networked computer in this stage. If the first method doesn't work to fix QuickBooks Error number C=1304, try this step.
1. Instead of installing QuickBooks Desktop on the computer where the problem is present, install it on a different computer that is linked to the primary computer via a network.
2. After inserting the CD, you might see that installation will begin; you must halt this process by selecting Quit.
3. The CD-ROM option must now be selected by right-clicking in the File Manager.
4. Select the Share this Folder checkbox by clicking Sharing and Security.
5. Choose Apply.
6. Select OK.
7. Then, select Computer Name by performing a right-click on the My Computer icon.
8. Simply choose Full Computer Name.
9. Type the following text by pressing Windows + R: (name of the computer having the QuickBooks CD).
10. Press the Enter button.
11. Double-click the drive letter containing the installation CD two times.
12. To begin installing QuickBooks, double-click the setup file after finding it.
Manually fix the.NET Frameworks in step three.
Another explanation for QuickBooks Error code C=1304 is faulty or corrupted.NET frameworks, as was covered in the causes section. As a result, this phase will cover the.NET Framework repair procedure.
1. Close any open programs on the computer first.
2. Go to the Windows Start menu and type "Control Panel" in the search box.
3. The Control Panel will launch when you press the enter key.
4. Programs and Features should be chosen before Uninstall a Program. You shouldn't be concerned because nothing will be removed from your system.
5. Look for the.NET Framework on the list after selecting the Turn Windows features on or off option.
Review the.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and.NET Framework 4.5 (or later) options.
1. Initially, check to determine if the.NET Framework 4.5 (or later) checkbox is selected.
2. Click on the.NET Framework 4.5 (or later) checkbox if it isn't already selected.
3. Save the changes by clicking OK.
4. If the.NET Framework checkbox appears to be checked, you must deselect it before saving your modifications.
5. Turn the system back on after restarting it if you turned it off.
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop after following the aforementioned instructions for another.NET Framework.
See this related post: QuickBooks Error OL 222