How to Find Your Phone Using IMEI Number?
It can be very troubling for you if you are unable to find your phone. Many websites allow users to find their phones by simply entering mobile phone IMEI.
Nowadays, it is very common for people to lose their mobile phones or someone steals them. it can be a very troubling situation when you are forced to deal with your lost mobile phone as a lot of people have almost all their important information stored on the device and losing their mobile phone can lead to a lot of issues for you. Many people have often wondered whether it is possible for them to track their mobile phone with the help of the IMEI number of the mobile phone and if you are interested in knowing about the same then, we are going to tell you about the same in this guide. We are going to tell you how you can track phone using imei online to make sure that you can locate your mobile phone whenever you have ever lost it. You need to make sure that you read the guide carefully to ensure that you do not skip any steps and get your mobile phone back in its prime condition.
What is the IMEI number?
Before we tell you about the steps with which you can use the IMEI number to get your device, it is important to know about the IMEI number and what role it play in your device. The location of the IMEI number of the device is behind the battery in a new phone and it is very important to note the number somewhere because the number will come in handy when you have lost your mobile phone or it has been stolen and you want to track its location. The full form of IMEI is International Mobile Equipment Identity which is very important for every mobile phone. This number is provided to every mobile phone that is manufactured and you need to know that every device has a unique IMEI number and never changes, unlike the SIM card number.
The SIM card of the mobile phone helps in locating the owner of the device whereas, the imei number tracking helps in locating the device and not the owner of it. if you are faced with a situation where your device gets stolen then, the first thing that you need to do is to make sure that your IMEI number is blocked with the help of your service provider.
How Can You Track Your Mobile With the Help of IMEI for Free?
So as we have told you earlier, the imei tracker helps in determining the location of your mobile phone and ensuring that the person who has your phone can’t misuse it. There are many applications present on the internet that helps people in looking for their device for free and here, we are going to tell you the correct steps that you need to follow.
- The first thing that you need to do is to look for the ‘IMEI tracker- Find my device’ application on your Google Play Store.
- Install the application on your device and then, grant the application access to all the information on your device.
- Now, you need to type the number of a trusted family member or friend who will receive the notification from the application if the device ever gets stolen.
- When you activate it, the notification on the person’s mobile phone will show the exact location of the device and you can now easily look for your mobile phone without too many issues.
- There is another method with which you can find my device with imei. You can also use a different mobile number even if the application is not installed in the lost device.
- You just need to enter the IMEI number of the device and viola! You will get a notification stating the location of your mobile number.
This is how you can look for your mobile phone after it has been stolen or lost. You need to make sure that you are entering the correct number if the number is not correct then, you will not receive any notification.
There are other options too that you can use when you wish to find your device but, all of those options are paid and the IMEI tracker application is the only free alternative you have.