Quickly Resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118
QuickBooks is a popular bookkeeping app. When activating it the first time or unknowingly adding corrupt files it gives error 3371 code 11118.
QuickBooks, the famous bookkeeping software, is available in various versions, which users can access offline and online. However, the solution frequently encounters various errors, which renders users unable to operate the software. One of them is the QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118. It happens when you activate QB for the first time. Apart from that, it can also be the result of corrupt company files. This particular error is quite common in QuickBooks Enterprise versions. But it's not that you cannot resolve it by yourself. In this post, you'll find proven fixes that will help you eliminate the error and get back to working with QuickBooks like before.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118 Occur?
There are too many reasons to notice this error code on QuickBooks software. The chief reasons are outlined below.
- Folders that are essential to running your QuickBooks solution are corrupt or damaged. It is often the very first cause of this error code popping up.
- Your QBregistration.dat file has some damage. This file keeps the license data that's crucial to initializing this bookkeeping solution. If it is damaged, you will naturally notice the error code.
- Another common cause of this error message is a broken MSXML component. This element by Microsoft is crucial to accessing the QuickBooks registration file. In case it's broken, it shows error code 3371.
- Wrong Windows updates and antivirus configuration are also lesser-known causes of this error in QuickBooks.
- Sometimes, you may experience issues with emailing, printing, or saving PDFs from your QuickBooks solution. These issues are also prominent in making error code 3371 show up.
Resolutions for QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118
Before troubleshooting the error code, it would be wise to check if you have installed the latest Windows updates. After that, you can check these resolutions and use them.
Remove the ECML file:
You can begin your troubleshooting by deleting the ECML file and renaming the Entitlement file. Firstly, open the 'Run' window.
- In the 'Run' window, input 'C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.'
- Now hit 'OK.'
- The Windows Explorer will open. Here find the ECML file and right-tap it.
- Now, choose to delete it.
- Close the window. After that, run QuickBooks again.
- After opening QuickBooks, register the product if you haven't.
Change the name of the Entitlement file:
Another good way to fix QuickBooks error 3371 is to change the Entitlement file name. Here are the steps that Windows 10 and 11 users should follow.
- Find the 'Control Panel' area.
- Now, head to 'Appearance and Personalization.'
- After that, choose 'File Explorer Options.'
- Go to the 'View' tab.
- Change the settings of the hidden files and folders to 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives.'
- Tap 'Apply' followed by 'OK.'
Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub:
This particular error can be easily resolved by users who have the QuickBooks Tool Hub utility with them. If you don't, download the latest version of it and follow these pointers.
- Double-tap the icon of the tool hub to launch it.
- Now, select the 'Installation Issues' tab.
- After that, tap ‘3371 Error Fix.'
- Tap 'OK' and open your QuickBooks.
- Launch the damaged data file and see if the error has been resolved.
Carry out a clean installation of your QuickBooks and Windows.
It's important to keep your Windows up-to-date. Here is how you can update your Windows and perform a clean installation of QB.
- Install the current Windows updates.
- Select 'All Programs' followed by 'Windows Update.'
- After the updates are installed, you can start configuring your QuickBooks.
- After that, recreate the corrupt entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
- Also, fix the license and registration problems.
- Tap 'Reinstall' to perform a clean installation of QB.
Use the Install Diagnostic to resolve the error:
You can also use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option in the QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix this error. Firstly close your QB application.
- Run the QB tool hub.
- Now, select the 'Installation Issues' tab.
- Next, choose the 'QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool' and run it.
- After the program detects the issue, reboot your system.
Clearly, there are many ways to fix QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118. You can easily eliminate the problem if you follow the different steps properly. But if you want further assistance, it's best to take help from the QuickBooks technical support team.